CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Payton

I am surviving (my new favorite word) these days. But, Payton, she is another story. Poor girl is making her mommy's life miserable. Especially in the last few days. For example, this morning Payton was happy as a lark when she got up. But, it quickly turned into a "no" day. No, I don't want breakfast. No, I don't want to brush my teeth, No, I don't want to wear the clothes you picked out. I was very understanding. I even let her wear her gymnastics uniform (even though I tried explaining she would be cold in it). As we were leaving the house, Payton walked outside and cried because she was cold. We then walked back in the house and changed into the clothes I picked out in the first place. Then she cried because she didn't want the jacket I picked for her. She wanted her purple coat. Of course I couldn't find it. Then I asked her to carry the milk jug and put it in the recycling bin. The world came to an end, in her eyes. She started screaming bloody murder. Oh my, I had had my patients met at this point. I said either you carry the milk carton or carry my stuff (I was overloaded with lunches, backpacks, a purse, a water bottle, etc. you get the picture). She said I will carry the milk jug. I walked out with her. She walked to the recycling bin and she cried. "I don't want to put it in. I will not put it in." I gave her to the count of 5. Of course she dropped it in. Man, that was just this morning in a one hour period. She is a stubborn one. Anything I ask her, she wants and does the opposite.

Ok, I know what she is going through. I am trying to be very understanding, but my patients is limited. I just hope Payton learns life is still ok and that she is still loved. She is usually my sweet, fun-loving, kissable Payton. Wish us luck. No, I don't need luck, I need prayers, if you get a chance. Thanks. I will return to my blog when I feel like life has leveled out a bit. Hopefully she won't be like this for another week.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Poor Payton! Poor Michelle! Prayers are coming your way!

The Copelands said...

Oh dang. Those girls can be tough. You should just come visit utah!