CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Bows!

I have been looking at a lot of Blogs about hair and bows. There are blogs that teach how to make bows. On one website (sorry I can't remember where) I learned how to make a korker (sp?) bow. It was easy, but time consuming. Here are a few that I put together.


Do you ever go to a craft fair and see an idea that you think, "oh, I can make that for so much cheaper then they are selling it for?" Well, that is what I did. Most of the time I forget the craft before I leave the fair, but this idea was one I wanted badly. For less then $15 (they were trying to sell it for $50) I made this sign. My bows were getting ruined in the drawer, so I made this. I am so happy with it. My friend Tara said that she has seen it made with the letters of the daughters name. I also liked this idea, but had already bought the letters for "Bows." I like making things, it makes me happy in a depressing time. It just feels good to complete something fun. It's something I made with my own hands. I feel the same when I make desserts and some meals.

A Little Side Note: For the last week I have been reading Inkheart. It is a book written by Cornelia Funke. I had read the book years ago. I saw that they are making it into a movie. So, I picked up the book to read it again. I really enjoyed the book. She also wrote Inkspell and I noticed she wrote another one called Inkdeath (I think). If you like Fantasy, I recommend reading books written by Cornelia Funke. She has written other series and I have enjoyed all the books that I have read. You do have to like children's fantasy. Happy Reading!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I really like your bow holder. I need something like that for Zoe's bows!

Megan Dougherty said...

Really cute!!! (the korker bows and your bow holder)

Tara L. said...

They turned out great and I love the bow holder. Good Job Michelle. Now, maybe I will have to try.

Amy said...

Very cute Michelle. Your so crafty.

Unknown said...

love it!

Logan Family said...

Michelle, those bows are awesome and I love the bow sign. That is so creative. I think I will have to copy the idea when I have my own little girls!

Katie said...

Very cute bow holder...some of my kids are currently reading Inkheart. I also saw that they were making a movie so I told them if they wanted to go see it they had to read the book first. Stephen and Jordan are the only ones to have accomplished that to date. Guess I will have a cheap movie day with the kids!!! :)~

Unknown said...

michelle,
I love this idea. I hope you don't mind but I think I am going to copy it for Chloe. I hope you guys are doing well.
xoxoxo
Krisie