CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Friends

I have been gone for the last two months visiting family. It was the best summer I have had. I will definitely write more later. But for now I have to explain why I have the best friends ever....



We had just walked in the house and I was unloading the car. I was talking to my mom as I unloaded. Madison comes running down the stairs yelling, "Mom there is something wrong with your room. Hurry come upstairs!" (She is really panicked) In the five seconds it took me to go upstairs my mind was racing. "The downstairs is fine, why is the upstairs 'wrong?' there is definitely nothing in my room to steal. It can't be torn apart. Maybe my friends put up welcome home signs, but why in my bedroom?" (yes, that is the inner workings of my brain) I walk in my room, remember I was talking to my mom, I immediately start to cry. My mom is yelling at me "Michelle, what's wrong, why are you crying, what happened!" I can only choke out, "mom...my...room...is...beautiful!" My mom is then very confused. I am walking in circles looking at everything crying. I could barely explain to my mom what my room now looked like. My room is the only room in the house I did not do something to. It was a mess. Miss matched hand me down furniture, etc. Now my room looks like this...

Bathroom, new pictures

New bed cover and pillows, beautiful mirror, collage of picture frames on the wall.
That is my old dresser, but it is now clean with a cork board over it. Megan made the cover for my hope chest.
My mom bought me the curtains last Christmas, but the vase and bookshelf are new.
Another angle of the bookshelf. Greg's military things made it up on the walls and bookshelf! :)
Another angle of the room (per Anna's request)
I am so happy with the room! I cannot believe how perfect it is. I just cannot stop thinking about it. I have the best friends anyone can ask for. This summer I have been talking to my family about how I have the best friends that help me in times of need. They have completely over done themselves. I am so grateful for them and all of my friends who help me when I need them. I am grateful for the opportunity to live my life in Vegas. I feel that I am were I need to be and I could not imagine being anywhere else. Living in Vegas is bearable because of my friends; past, present, and future.

5 comments:

Logan Family said...

Wow! They did an awesome job. It looks great. Kudos to them for being such good friends. (By-the-way, Michelle called me up and told me about this and was basically bursting with joy!)

Tara L. said...

Welcome Home!!! We are glad you are back!!!!

Unknown said...

Yea Michelle! It looks great and I'm so happy for you!

Steph said...

You are in good hands in Vegas. I'm so glad that you are. Thanks to all of your friends for taking such good care of you and your family. It's always nice to know you have a "family" away from your family. It's been the summer if new and improved. Hooray!

Melanie said...

What?!?! Awesome!!!! Your room looks so good!