CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

June Part 2

I have meant to finish up our June trip, but I have just not felt like sitting at the computer to down load pictures. I have not been sitting around. We have been swimming everyday and spending time with family. I have also picked up the Harry Potter series and am currently reading them all again. I am half way done with the 6th and have to read the 7th. I am not a fast reader, but I am still surprised it has taken me two months to read the 6 books. Well anyway, I have really enjoyed reading them again. I read the books only once before and that was many years ago, for most of them.

Man I realize I am long winded, sorry. Let me get back to June. So after we got back to my mom's and dad's house after Myrtle Beach, we got right back in the car and went to Disney World. Can I say that I like Disneyland better?! Disneyland is so much closer together and there are almost the same rides. But, I did enjoy myself there. We drove down on a Thursday and went to...

Thursday/ EPCOT
Epcot was a bit to old for my girls. They could not do a whole lot. Though, they did like the Finding Nemo ride.
We also ate with the Princesses. That was a fun experience. You sit and eat and the princesses come around to your table. My girls were in heaven.

Friday/ Magic Kingdom
The girls had fun taking pictures with all of the characters like Stitch and Buzzlightyear, just to name a few. Payton got a Sleeping Beauty dress and Madi got a Belle dress (thanks grandma)!


Here we are in front of the castle. Magic Kingdom does not have Matterhorn, but is almost exactly the same as Disneyland. We had fun eating Mickey rice crispy treats and riding all the fun rides like Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. Space mountain was closed for remodeling :(
The girls were EXHAUSTED. I thought this was such a cute picture of them sleeping. It was around 11PM at night. I was jealous I could not lay down and sleep with them. But someone has to be the parent.



Saturday/ Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios
I actually really enjoyed Animal Kingdom. I would go there again and spend a whole day. We went on some fun roller coasters. For those of you who like Matterhorn at Disneyland, they have Mount Everest at Animal Kingdom. But don't expect the white mountain to be the same. It was so different, but it is the best Disney roller coaster I have been on (The Aerosmith ride at Disney's Hollywood studios is a runner up). The ride took place inside the mountain. You could not see anything. You were going backwards, doing twists, turns, flips, and more. I almost lost my glasses. Oh it was fun!

The safari ride was VERY fun. The animals are right next to you.

Here is one example of the many animals inside the safari. We had to stop for this giraffe to move out of the road, that is how close he was. The ostrich (not pictured) was within arms reach, but we did not touch him. We wanted to keep our fingers.
James and William
(It was William's birthday. Happy Birthday William!)

My wonderful mom and dad! Thanks for bringing us!
We also went to Disney's Hollywood studios this day, but my camera stopped working on the safari ride. We had fun at DHS. It had a lot of the same rides that you find in California Adventure and Disneyland, like Toy Story Mania, Hotel Tower of Terror, Star Tours (Madi's favorite).
As I was in a ride line I overheard a women say that next time she goes to Disney World, she would go for 10 days. I do not share her enthusiasm. Four days was good, maybe five would be better, but 10?! I am happy that I am only hours from Disneyland. But, I wouldn't mind going to Disneyworld again someday.

0 comments: