CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Binky Fairy

I was on my sister-in-laws blog when I saw that her friend had written something about a Binky fairy. I had to read the message because I want Payton to give up the Binky. She said that she made a Binky box and that the Binky fairy came at night and exchanged the Binky's for a big toy kitchen. I immediately started this with Payton. We decorated a box and put one Binky in there the first night. I let her know that there were other Binky's downstairs, but those were for other days. She agreed and slept the night without a Binky. She has now gotten rid of three Binky's. Which means three nights without it. She also is not dependent on it during the day. I feel like we are making major progress. Here she is, smiling, without the Binky (That is something I have not seen in a while). Here is her toy from last night, the Little Einstein Rocket. We are now on our last Binky. She knows this. It might take a while to get rid of this last one. But, I feel we have made progress, so maybe it won't be too long before she is rid of Binky's forever! Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Tara L. said...

That is a good idea. Good Luck. Maybe I can work that in with potty training somehow. I am so frustrated with it, I just don't know what to do. The binky was easy for us, but this potty training is ridiculous.

Unknown said...

i've tried with this parley. she gets really excited, but a few minutes later cries to have her binkines back. oh well. one day i guess. at least she's only on them at night. good job payton!