CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Madison

Madison is doing a great job in Kindergarten. She is above grade level. Each year the district gives a reading and math test each trimester. Madi got a 100% on both tests. Her name was called over the intercom and she got to pick out a stuffed animal from the counselor. She was so happy with the blue dolphin she picked.

I had her parent teacher conference and her teacher said she is doing really well. She just needs Madi to stop talking and stay near her seat. I guess she likes to wander.

She is so happy were she is and she loves her teacher. This week she got an award for academics. There are no A's and B's in Kindergarten, but she knows all the letters, numbers to 20 and so forth. She is writing complete sentences!! That is a big deal to me considering I have first graders that don't know what a sentence is. She has been spelling to me each day. "mom can we make /e/ /g/ /g/'s?" or "mom I like /r/ /e/ /d/." or " mom my new favorite word is /h/ /a/ /v/ /e/!" I am so proud of her. She makes me smile.
Madi getting her academics award from Mr. Kubala, our principle.
Madi standing with a few of her classmates.
Madi and her teacher Ms. Williams

1 comments:

stylist to the stars said...

Nice job Madison! Woo Hoo!

Alli thinks you look really cute in your pictures.